TAB d.d. Mezica
TAB was established in 1965 as a subsidiary of Rudnik Mežica Holding (Lead Mine Mežica Holding) in a region where different lead-related activities have been performed for more than 350 years now.
For the first 15 years TAB was a licensed partner of Tudor, Sweden. Nowadays, TAB is producing a wide range of lead acid flooded, VRLA AGM and VRLA Gel batteries in three modern factories in the EU with over 700 employees.
- FIRST LOCATION (Slovenia, Mezica):
Factory for production of TAB branded INDUSTRIAL BATTERIES, with annual capacity of 1.5 million pieces of medium size traction and stationary cells.
RECYCLING PLANT - We produce approximately 30.000 t of soft lead per year from 50.000 t of waste lead.
- SECOND LOCATION (Slovenia, Mezica):
Factory that produces STARTER BATTERIES that are sold under the TAB brand Topla I TAB and Vesna, Plus First Equipment-OEM, with annual capacity of 2.0 – 2.5 million pieces (depending on the type of the battery).
- THIRD LOCATION (Macedonia, Probistip):
Factory that produces STARTER BATTERIES that are sold under the TAB brand Vesna with annual capacity of 1 – 1.5 million pieces (depending on the type of the battery).
HISTORY OF THE COMPANY
- 1973 Start of the construction of the Factory for production of batteries in Probistip./li>
- 1976 Zletovo Battery Factory started its regular operation.
- 2001 Liquidation of the Zletovo Battery Factory.
- 2001 Restart of the factory by a new Macedonian owner and with a new name SAP.
- 2004 The Slovenian company Vesna becomes the new dominant owner, which enters SAP and thus the name of the company is changed to Vesna SAP.
- 2005 Start of the new plant for recycling of battery waste.
- 2009 The Macedonian owner regains the dominant share.
- 2012 TAB d.d. bought 85% of Vesna SAP,
18.10.2012 The change of the company name to TAB MAK d.o.o. marked the start of the new era of battery production in Probistip.